Men's First Team
National League North Sat 26 August The Citadel
Farsley Celtic

Farsley Celtic managed to extend their unbeaten run to five games after playing out a dramatic 2-2
draw to newly promoted Tamworth. A game which saw Farsley battle back well from being a goal
down at the break, to being denied all three points late on due to a dubious penalty.

Farsley came close to taking an early lead when Ben Atkinson cushioned a perfectly weighted pass
into the path of the overlapping Marley Blair, but his shot was saved.

Tamworth responded with a big chance of their own on the 15-minute mark. Jamie Willets rose the
highest to meet the in-swinging corner, but his header just went over the bar.

This was a warning sign of what was to come. Tamworth won another corner five or so minutes after
and it was that man Willets on the end of it again. This time he thundered his header home from
close range to give the visitors the lead.

Farsley dominated the last 15 minutes of the first half and were unlucky not to get an equaliser
before half-time.

Player/head coach Clayton Donaldson showed good feet and composure inside the box to find half a
yard of space to get his shot off. He shifted the ball onto his left foot, but his powerful shot rattled
off the crossbar.

Farsley then had a headed chance of their own, skipper Chris Atkinson clipped his freekick towards
the back post where Rudy Misambo had done well to get above his marker and direct a powerful
header on target which was acrobatically tipped over the bar by Leon Phillips in the Tamworth goal.

Farsley managed to find an equaliser early in the second half, substitute Isaac Robinson was only on
the pitch for two minutes before he managed to pick out Darren Stephenson with a spectacular
cross in. Stephenson finished cooly to make it three goals in five games for the striker.

The Celts then managed to take the lead with fifteen minutes to go after a moment of magic from
Jordan Carroll. He dropped his shoulder and cut inside from the right-flank before going on a mazy
run before firing his shot into the bottom right-hand corner to give Farsley the advantage.

Farsley then defended well as a unit and looked to be seeing out the final few minutes of the game
before controversy struck. The referee had judged that Conor Branson had blocked a Tamworth shot
with his arm.

Ben Milnes stepped up and found the side netting with his penalty in stoppage time to ensure the
game ended level at two goals apiece.

Farsley have a quick turnaround and are back in action on bank holiday Monday when they travel to
play Chester, where they will be looking to make it three consecutive wins away from home.