Men's First Team
National League North Sat 25 November The Citadel
Farsley Celtic
Farsley Celtic and Hereford shared the points on a brutally cold day at the Citadel as neither side failed to break the deadlock.
The Celts, who are still struggling with injuries and suspensions, put up a strong fight against a well-drilled and hard-working Hereford side.
Joao Silva wasn’t wasting any time in the match today as he got the game going with a long-range effort in the first minute, unfortunately his attempt didn’t cause any trouble for Curtis Pond in the Hereford goal.
Dylan Youmbi, who has just extended his stay at the Citadel until April 2024 had the first chance of the game, the ball sat up for him nicely on his left foot. However, he got his connection wrong, and he sent the ball wide.
The game itself wasn’t full of clear-cut chances, it was clear to see as Joao Silva, George Smith and Yusifu Ceesay all tested their luck from distance in a ten-minute spell. Nevertheless, none of those attempts managed to give either side the lead in the game.
The Celt’s were close to taking the lead in the 54th minute when Ryan Watson whipped in a superb delivery that landed at Isaac Assenso’s feet however, he struggled to dig it out his feet and Hereford cleared any potential danger away from their box.
Youmbi was once again causing trouble for the Hereford defenders, he created the best chance in the game as he bundled past two defenders only to see his effort denied by Pond as he saved it onto the post.
Hereford nearly snatched all three points late on, Oliver Southern found himself free at the back post and was certain to score. Zan Luk-Leban came to the rescue of Farsley as his acrobatic save made sure that the Celt Army would be leaving the game with a point.
Overall, a draw was a fair result as both sides failed to create any clear chances and cause any trouble to the opposition keepers. This result leaves Farsley in 16th position, up next is another difficult game against Peterborough Sports away.