Women's First Team
WRCWFL First Division Sun 3 March The Citadel
Farsley Celtic
Hall Green United

Farsley Celtic Women returned to home comforts with the rescheduled visit of Hall Green United to The Citadel on a promising Spring-like Sunday.

With a nice crowd and a group of excitable mascots from Leeds 28 FC cheering on the girls, it was the perfect day for a big performance from Farsley, and that is exactly what was provided.

There were a few early cobwebs to shake off and some wayward shooting to get out of the boots in the early going but the rapid Amyleigh Pearce up front caused all kinds of trouble for the Hall Green defence and it was ultimately Imogen Nichols who benefitted, putting Farsley 1-0 ahead.

Shirley Murphy soon doubled the lead after cutting in from her usual left wing position and curling it beyond the keeper after some lovely build up play with the midfield and captain Lauren Rigby created the third goal for Vicky Robinson with just 23 minutes on the clock.

Kaitlyn Walker scored her first Farsley Celtic goal after a brilliant solo run which had the crowd on their feet and Shirley Murphy scored her second just minutes later with another curling effort.

Wrapping up her hat-trick before half time was top-scorer Murphy who is very much in the running for league Golden Boot this season and the half finished 6-0 to Farsley Celtic and very much could have been more.

A number of changes were made at the break including Leah Greaves, making her debut having recently signed from Bradford City, who put in a hell of a shift on the right wing to provide more selection headaches for Matt Jackson and the coaching staff.

Olivia Wheatley scored a long overdue goal after 53 minutes to the delight of mum Sue in the clubhouse kitchen, and Kaitlyn Walker scored a second goal that her performance more than deserved on a highly impressive day for the young winger.

All credit to Hall Green who stuck at it when many would have thrown in the towel at 8-0 and they certainly deserve some respect for how they tightened things up to prevent any further goals being scored.

The final score was 8-0 and Imogen Nichols was awarded Player of the Match after a commanding display in the centre of midfield, topped off with a goal.

Next up for Farsley Celtic Women is a visit to Ackworth Girls on the 17th of March for the first of two games with them at the business end of the season.