Men's First Team
National League North Tue 10 January Edgar Street Stadium
  • Storey (21', 24')
Farsley Celtic

Farsley Celtic suffered a second-straight defeat on the road, as they slipped to a 2-0 defeat at Hereford on Tuesday evening.

The four-and-a-half hour journey down for the Celts certainly seemed to play its part in the opening stages, with a quickfire double from Miles Storey putting the hosts in complete control 25 minutes into the game.

And whilst Farsley would grow into the game and create a number of opportunities of their own, they had left themselves too much to do.

Just four minutes in the Bulls will have been wondering how they weren’t in front. Dearnley could only divert Orrin Pendley’s header onto the head of Kane Thompson-Sommers, who somehow nodded over with the goal at his mercy.

Dearnley then had to be alert to push Ryan Lloyd’s driving half-volley to safety, before reacting well to tip over Levi Andoh’s cross-cum-shot that almost snuck under the crossbar.

The pressure would ultimately tell midway through the first half, Aaron Amadi-Holloway doing well to divert a deep cross from the left back across the goal for Miles Storey to prod home.

Storey was at it again within minutes, putting his side firmly in control. Farsley lost the ball in midfield, allowing Amadi-Holloway to find Storey once again, this time leaving the forward with more to do, which he did with aplomb, bending home superbly from outside the box.

At 2-0 down, Farsley needed a reaction, and they would begin to grasp a foothold in the game.

Jimmy Spencer had the visitors’ first effort on goal with a rasping strike from range that Dino Visser held well, before Luke Parkin pulled an effort wide of the near post when well positioned.

It was more of the same after the interval from Farsley, who were beginning to dictate the game, albeit chasing a route back into it.

Andy Butler forced Visser into action from a Bobby Johnson corner, before Kian Scales came close drilling a first-time strike wide as he ran onto a loose ball on the edge of the box.

Carlton Ubaezuonu then showed great industry down the left, doing really well to burst into the box with a Hereford defender draping over his shoulders, but his dangerous low cross was cleared at the near post.

Jimmy Spencer then came closest to pulling a goal back with just under 15 minutes remaining, bringing down Dearnley’s long ball and playing a neat one-two with Lewis Butroid, before he fired a strike just over the crossbar.

The hosts were always a threat on the break, Amadi-Holloway squandering a great chance to play in Harry Pinchard, before the Bulls’ number nine then saw his header saved low down.

The Celts would test Visser further, Allan having a header saved smartly, whilst Dave Syers saw an acrobatic effort repelled, but Hereford would ultimately see out the closing moments to secure the three points.

Hereford: Visser, Evans, Haines ©, Thompson-Sommers (Holmes 66), Lloyd, Amadi-Holloway (Barnett 81), Pinchard, Storey (McLean 76), Hanson, Pedley, Andoh. Unused subs: Wade, Thompson.

Farsley Celtic: Dearnley, Scales, Butroid, Johnson (Assenso 72), Butler ©, Teale, Allan, Atkinson (Turner 63), Spencer, Ubaezuonu (Syers 78), Parkin. Unused subs: Clayton, Wallace.

Attendance: 1,423